Information for Admission in 2020
The college provides a five-year programme covering philological and cultural studies with instruction in the required methodologies. Specialists provide one-to-one supervision in order to enable the student to reach the stage of producing a Ph. D. thesis.Enrollment per year : Four (4) students
Total enrollment : Twenty (20) students
Applicants must complete sixteen years of formal education before entering our college. Applicants who come from countries with only fifteen years of formal education and applicants who are considered to have abilities equal to those postgraduates should contact our Academic and Student Affairs Division for further information by 15 April 2019.
*Applicants are encouraged to obtain public scholarships such as the Japanese Government (Monbukagakusho ; MEXT) Scholarships before entering our college. This will ensure a very stable financial support of their studies and stay in Japan.
Time of application and method of selection
Time of application
Method of selection
- For applicants residing outside of Japan: Screening of documents submitted by the applicant and two letters of recommendation from two separate supervisors of the applicant. Before screening, applicants may be interviewed by phone or in person.
- For applicants residing in Japan: Written examinations and an interview.
Entrance and tuition fees
(April - July)
(October - March)
|300,000 yen||300,000 yen||300,000 yen||900,000 yen|
Scholarships and tuition deduction for privately-financed students
The college will award the maximum number of ten scholarships (but not half over the number of registered students). The successful applicant will be a student of the college chosen on the basis of his/her academic record and financial needs.
Applicants must satisfy each of the following four conditions:
(1) They must either currently be students of, or have been accepted for admission to, the college.
(2) They must be persons of outstanding academic achievement and personal merit, and must be in good health.
(3) They must have a demonstrable commitment to the furtherance of international understanding, and to making an academic contribution at the international level.
(4) They must need financial assistance for their studies at the college.
- Amount of Scholarship: 80,000 or 180,000 per month depending on his/her academic excellence for the first two years of study.
* After the initial two years, and depending on the student’s academic achievements, the scholarship may be continued for further three years.
- If you need the college scholarship, the application form for the scholarship and the letter of recommendation should be submitted along with the admission application form and the other relevant documents.
- The result of your application for the scholarship will be announced along with that of your application for admission.
Tuition deduction for privately-financed students from abroad
Privately financed international students who are regular students of our college may be allowed a partial or a full deduction on their tuition.
- Details of the above scheme and information concerning scholarships and tuition deduction which the College students are entitled to apply for are available at the time of application.
Application for Admission for Academic Year 2020
Application Period, Notification of Selection and Time of Admission
|Application Period||Notification of Selection||Time of Admission|
|1 April 2019 - 7 May 2019||19 June 2019||3 April 2020|
Application fee is 30,000 yen.
International College for Postgraduate Buddhist Studies
This file contains below mentioned forms.
Form 1 : Application for Admission (Word file)
Form 2 : Postgraduate Reference Request Form (Word file)
Form 3 : Study-Plan (Word file)
Form 4 : Statement of Source of Funds (Word file)
Form 6 : Application for Scholarship (Word file)
Form 7 : Letter of Recommendation for International College
In addition to the forms above, a few other documents may also be requested. Read carefully the "Information for Application for Admission".